I hate this feeling of BLAH that I am in right now. The end of the school year is the craziest time of the year. This is a small example of what I've been up to (AKA- my list of excuses as to why I suck so hardcore right now):
- 2 TAKS tests
- Play Day (think field day, but a competition against other 4th graders at different schools)
- 3 days at camp
- Field trip to the local library/eat at CiCi's
- Field Day
- Meetings galore
- Book Count
- Clean classrooms and move all furniture to middle of room
- Never ending checklist of To-Dos in order to get to leave for the summer
- Study for the ELA 4-8 test
- Take and PASS that test on Thursday
- My husband has got a new job that requires CRAZY amounts of hours he has to put in
- I have 3 kids (Yeah, I know, I've had them all along, but now as a semi-single mother, I feel all 3 so much more)
- The hubs sometimes works from home. This should be helpful, right? Um. No. My dining room table has turned into the most disorganized chaotic horrible mess of a desk. Ugh.
- Speaking of my house: It is a disaster. I swear there are goblins that creep up out from under the house and destroy it while I'm not looking. (Oh, wait. Those would be my 3 kids)
- My oldest is about to graduate from Kindergarten
- We have a dance recital for my two older ones next weekend
- And I'm a backstage mom
So now that I've filled my blog up with excuses, I am making a vow to be back after next week. It will be summer. I WILL have more writing time. More blogging time. More tweeting time. More reading time. More critiquing time. More writer's workshop time. More ME time. I will demand it.
This whole not writing thing is terribly depressing and I'm in this nasty, killer, sludgy slime of disgustingness that I can't wait to get out of.
SEVEN days and counting and I'll Be Baaaaaaaaaaaack. I know you'll be counting down the days, hours, and minutes to my return.