Have you ever just wanted to take a giant vacuum and get rid of EVERYTHING and start over new? Um, not so much? Well, that's where I am right now. Since I don't have a house-sized vacuum, I'm thinking of the evil pleasure I will receive when I take a huge black trash bag and start chucking things that aren't put away where they belong. *Rubs hands together* Diabolical. Before I go digging through the aftermath of some hard core playing in the playroom to find my youngest child, I MUST post these awards.
Let me preface with this: I suck at awards. Now that I got that off my chest, I will bore you with the awards that I have once again stashed up. I'm beginning to think I might have a problem and I may need to appear on Oprah's couch and confess my hoarding tendencies. Maybe while I'm there I can ask her if I can have my book that isn't even published yet on her Oprah's Book Club List. That ought to get things jump started for me...
*WARNING: I have been known to ramble about things that are not true nor will ever happen. You've entered this blog at you're own risk; consider yourselves warned.*
Okay, so, I got this award from Christi at A Torch in the Tempest because she feels like since there is some sort of award conspiracy set up against her, she should continue the conspiracy by sending them my way. You should send any more awards you'd like to give away, straight to her. ;)
I don't know what I'm supposed to do with award. So I'll pass it along to these great blogs because I love to read their blogs and so should you:
1. Elana Johnson
2. Melissa at Chasing the Dream
3. Jen at Unedited
4. Courtney Reese
I got this next fantabulous award from Kristen over at Take It As It Comes. She is so brave as to take me on as a critter partner and I have to say that her writing is AMAZING. Plus she told a very interesting tidbit about herself that involved her being pregnant, a fire, and a burned baby on her blog post the other day. HI-larious. Go check out her blog! NOW!
10 things that make me happy (in no apparent order):
4. My children, when they're not fighting
5. My husband, when he picks up his crap
6. A whole day to write -Or-
7. A whole day to read (HA! again)
8. A clean and organized house
9. Food. I am always hungry.
10. Tin Roof ice cream. See?
(I'm beginning to feel like this award is making me aware of why I'm not as happy as I should be...)
And I'm passing this award on to:
1. Rebecca Lynn at New Kid on Writer's Block
2. Summer at ...And This Time, Concentrate!
3. Nicole Ducleroir at One Significant Moment at a Time
I was also awarded this
This award requires some of my mad creative skills.
Here are the rules:
1. Thank the person who gave this to you.
2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
3. Link to the person who nominated you.
4. Tell up to six outrageous lies about yourself, and at least one outrageous truth.
5. Nominate seven “Creative Writers” who might have fun coming up with outrageous lies.
6. Post links to the seven blogs you nominate.
7. Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know you nominated them.
Courtney's twist that I decided to steal: Rather than go easy on you and only have 1 truth, I’ve changed the rules a bit. So, here are your 5 lies and 2 truths. Which is which? You’ll find out on my next post. Hopefully by then, my house will be an organizational heaven again and my muse will be back and ready to write.
1. I have sidonglobophobia. Look it up.
2. I threatened to take K1 to live with another family, packed her bags, and even drove her to her new family's house.
3. I've been hit by a car while running.
4. I showed up late to a final exam and ended up falling down an entire flight of stairs in a lecture hall.
5. I once forgot that I had K2 with me and didn't drop her off at daycare and didn't realize it until I pulled up to work.
6. One time, I accidentally put my car in reverse at a toll booth and ran into the car behind me. It was my husband.
7. I skipped a grade and graduated a year early from high school.
This award is now being passed on to:
1. Christi at A Torch in the Tempest
2. Kristen at Take it As it Comes
3. ChristaCarol Jones
4. The Life We Love
5. Tina Lynn at Sweet Niblets
6. Kimberly Franklin
7. Gavin at Insanity's Musings
To all of you award getters, sorry if you've already gotten the award - my eyes are bleeding trying to look through all the blogs to figure out who to give these to. Not to mention my fingers are cramping from not only typing this but linking everything. I need to go take a break. Oh wait. Gotta clean. Peace out.